Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Wilma I hate you

Wilma, I hate you…

One week and one day without electricity at home. For a geek guy like me that’s an eternity.

Thanks God, my house did not suffer any damage and my family and me neither. I also happy that Katrina made me buy a generator that I used only for 5 hours that time and that has been running all this week powering my freezer, a tv, my laptop, some fans and some lights.  

The first few days after the storm it was a nightmare to find gas. The blindest of the Oil companies that have not supplied generator to their gas stations just surprise me. That’s the highest level of stupidity that I have seen lately.

Well, let’s hope that the electricity is restored soon.

1 Comments:

At 2/11/05 9:38 AM, Blogger Asturcon said...

Me alegra saber que estais bien tanto tu como tu familia. He pensado como te habria tratado el huracan ya que pego fuerte por tu zona. En casa de los tios de mi mujer en Kendall arranco las dos palmeras que quedaban en pie del ultimo huracan, por suerte no impactaron la casa.

Aqui estamos bien, el huracan no azoto con fuerza nuestra zona y apenas hubo daños.

Un saludo y mi alegria al saber que tu familia no ha sufrido consecuencias, salvo la incomodidad de la electricidad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home